Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother´s Day from Guatemala

Hello everyone back home, Bert here with an update from the Guatemala team! We are here at the Ezell Clinic. Progress back in the village is going along at a very quick pace, much faster than I expected. Almost all of the pipe has been laid. We have to buy a few adapters and whatnot before we can get all the pipe 100% done and laid. The pump and tanks are coming along well also. I haven´t had my hands on that stuff so I can´t say for sure, but I can say that it looks really cool! The main tank is concrete and is now holding water, and the other two tanks at the top of the hill are sitting pretty on a big concrete slab. The masons down here are really good at what they do and are really fast. We´ve been working really hard since the last update and hope to finish up really soon with the main project so we can start working on some of the side projects that we might get to do. Anyways...

Happy Mother´s Day to all the moms out there missing their kids! Below we´re all going to write personal messages, but since I´m making the first post I´ll say Mom sorry I can´t be there on Mother´s Day this year, but I´m safe and doing well. I don´t get cell phone service out in the village so that´s why I´ve been out of touch lately. I miss you guys and I hope you are all doing well! I´ll talk to you later! Love, Bert
(Now for everyone else!)

Hi Mom! First of all, just know that I´m doing great and am in perfect health, so don´t worry about me! Secondly, I love you so much! A very Happy Mother´s Day to you! Thank you for showing me Jesus, being a prayer warrior with me, and helping me to seek a greater portion of the Holy Spirit. You have always been the greatest example of a Godly woman, you most definitely fulfill the criteria of the noble woman in Proverbs. So here´s a big fat electronic hug for you! To everyone else who did not give birth to me, I love you all bunches and my prayers are with you. The Lord is so gracious and this trip is absolutely beautiful.
All my love, Rachel Ogar

Hey Mommy!! Happy Mother´s Day! I miss you lots and lots! I hope everything is going great! We are back at the clinic now for tonight and part of tomorrow. We have finished most of our project already and hope to finish it by Tuesday. It is beautiful where we are! I can´t wait to show you pictures! We went to a water park today which was so much fun! Tomorrow (Sunday) we are going to the church across the street and then we get to visit our old bridge sites! I am so excited to see the kids! It will be hard to leave them though. We are getting closer to the kids in the village we are working at now which is so much fun! We play duck duck goose and london bridges with them quite a bit! I can´t wait to see you in about a week! I hope you have a wonderful Mother´s Day! I love you so much!!
Love, Rachael Swift

Hey mommy!! I hope that you have a very wonderful mothers day! I wish that I could be there to wish you it in person, or better yet, that you guys could come here! It is incredibly beautiful in the village that we are working in. Pictures probably will do it no justice. We are making good time and getting a lot accomplished. We got to experience a guatemalan waterpark today which was very fun! I think we went down every slide, some twice. The water felt wonderful after the only shower we have being a shower bag we hang outside! haha I really don´t mind ´roughing´ it though, its been a great experience! Well, I miss you both very very much and can´t wait to see you! Happy Mother´s Day and I love you both tons!
love, Rebecca Swift


Banana Cream Pie!!!
DQ


Wow. So it seems that everything I have to say has already been said in the last several messages but I´ll go on and say some of it again anyway. I´ve had a blast here in Guatemala! Everything´s gone really well so far and we´ve still got another week to go. I can hardly imagine what else could be in store for us. The scenery has been truly amazing and the people of La Nueva Florida have been extremely hospitable hosts. I´ve really had a great time and feel that I´m drawing closer to God with every day which is the most important part. To my mom I just want to say happy Mother´s Day and that I hope everything´s going well. I really miss you all and can´t wait to share the many pictures and stories. Nathan Sindorf

Well, it has been a very productive trip to this point. We are well on our way to being able to start testing the water system. We have had a bit of a problem with diverting water to our new pump but we believe we have a solution. The partnership with the villagers has been wonderful and the spirit of servanthood we have seen in them is a wonderful reflection of our Lord. They can also work us into the ground!!! Happy Mother´s day to all of the mothers. A special Mother´s day wish to you, Carolyn.

Kerry


Happy Mothers Day Mom!!! And Happy Soon To Be Mother Mother´s Day to My BEAUTIFUL Sister Erica!!! Hold in there Erica I want to be there when the twins are born!!! I Miss you guys a TON and Love you Bunches!! The project is going well, things are moving along fairly quickly which has been a blessing!! The chickens have already started burying our pipes for us, I thought that was nice of them to do that!! I keep thinking of you and your rooster kitchen here, cause here roosters live in the kitchen!!! I have taken Lots of Pictures of them for you!!! You would love it here, it is so beautiful!!! Oh yea, by way I am in Heaven because we are actually living in a coffee farm!! For those of you who don´t know me I am a Coffee Fend! I can´t wait to see you!! Love you bunches!!

Dana

Mama Savage,
Happy Mothers Day! Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement. You have lived a life that makes these experinces possible. Your quite sacrifices do not go unnoticed. Things are going very well by God´s blessing. This has been a great trip so far, we are only half way through and we have all kinds of stories to tell, as usual. Today was very rewarding because the solar panels and the pump were going in, and then we spent most of the rest of the day riding and relaxing. Our trip back to the Clinc tonight has been great. It is giving us a chance to recharge, regroup and to wash some clothes (you taught me well but the skill is not needed, Dana takes care of me here too!). We love all of you guys and cant wait to see you again! As a word of encouragement to everyone, know that God is alive and active in our world and that his people are around every corner on every dirt road...

James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home