Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Greetings from Guatemala

Happy Mother’s Day


Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers, wives, and grandmothers of the Lipscomb 2007 Engineering Missions team. We love and care for you and hope that you are having a joyous Mother’s Day. We miss you and wish that we could be there to share the day with you. Please know that today, especially today, you are in our thoughts and prayers as we remember the love that you have given to us and the many sacrifices that you have made for us. Feliz Días de las Madres.

Dear Linda, love you lots and miss you even more than usual on this special day. I hope you have a great Mother’s Day and be sure to say hi for me to the kids and grandkids. Wish you were here to enjoy the experience with me. See you soon. Fred

Mom, I hope that you got your Mother’s day present in the mail. I am sorry I couldn’t spend Mother’s Day with you, but we are really doing good works here. I am sure, knowing you, that you are worrying but everything is going great here. Talk to you soon. Tell Dad and Rachel I said hi! Love you lots, Amy.

Amy, Stephany and Lilli – thanks for being such great moms. There is no more important work. Mary Ann, thanks for loving my children, children-in-laws and grandchildren. I love you all. Dick

Happy Mother’s Day to Carolyn and all the other mothers among our friends who are following our progress through this blog. Kerry

Mom,
I hope your Mother’s Day has been a good one! Dad and the girls better be cooking you dinner tonight ;-) I can’t wait to see you, we’re getting close!! Thanks for being the best mom ever, I miss you so much!
(Happy Mother’s Day to both my Grammys and to Aunt Julie and Auntsie Beth too! I love you all!!)
Sheena

Hola from Guatemala,
We are doing well. The bridge and water filtering system The teacher seminar went well. They want me to do another one next year. We will see.

Love to all and Happy Mother’s
Day. Mom Iris

Momma Lucas – Happy Mother’s Day from Guatemala! Love You, I hope the bush made it back okay to Oklahoma and the card made it in the mail. Gracias por todos!
-Matt


Hey Mom!! Happy Mother’s Day! Feliz dia de las Madres! Send Grandmommy my wishes that she may have a great day! Hope everything is going well in Ky. My love to all, Kelsey

Hola Ma! Esto tiene que ser en Ingles y Espaniol… I want you to know that I keep you in my mind and even more whenever I’m facing difficulties. I’m a great admirer of you and Grandma, I think I would never had become the little I am without you and I thank God for you. Love.
-David Collao

Hey mommy! Just wanted to say happy mother’s day. I love you. Tell grandma and mamaw for me too again I love you
- Greg

Happy Mother’s Day! Kochira ha mada Guatemala ni imasuga, nanntoka gennki ni yatte imasu. Sochira ha ikaga osugoshi deshouka. Yoi haha no hi wo osugoshi kudasai.
-Kohei

Happy Mothers Day mom! Love you and don’t worry my Malaria hasn’t gotten out of hand yet. Can’t wait to be home for the summer
-Aaron J

Hey Mom!
I’m still alive and well, and not rooming with Aaron. Love you lots and Happy Mothers Day!! I hope you can get the cable grease out of my shirts! (just kidding)
Love,
Jon

Dear Mom, If I don’t make it home, it’s because I’ve been poisoned by a tree frog. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day. Love, Alan


Happy Mothers Day!!! Everything is going well here. We went to church this morning and just finished lunch. I hope your day is wonderful. Adios. Love Kirk

Hi Mom! We’re all doing fine and having fun working and stuff. I haven’t seen any poisonous snakes, but tell Tabitha that if I see one I’ll bring it home for her. Have an awesome Mother’s Day. Love, Paul.

Hey Momma! I hope you are having a happy Mother’s Day. I don’t have malaria or parasites yet so everything is going well. We have all been working really hard since we got here, and we should finish our 9th bridge of the week this afternoon. Love, JD

Hey Mom! I’m still alive for the most part and everything is going well here. I hope you got your card; I’ll see if I can get a boa constrictor back into the States as a Mother’s Day present. Hope you, Dad, and Grandma have had a great week; hopefully I’ll be able to drive home Friday night. Love, Jesse.

Mom…? Is that you? I just wanted to wish you a happy Mother’s Day. Things are well here and I have not suffered much body damage. I love you and I will be keeping you in my prayers. Love, Britt

Hello to the two most important moms in my life. To my mom for bringing me into the world and caring for me each and every day to be the man I am now. And to Anne, the mom of my beautiful wife Anne-Geri'. I appreciate and love you both so much. Happy Mother's Day!
David

Hi Mom! I hope you are having a great Mother’s Day. Things are going well, and we’re half way done. I’ll see you guys soon. I love you. Love, Kara

Hi Elizabeth! I hope you got all of the messages I sent you! Happy Mother’s day from Chicacao, Guatemala. I love you, -Fort P.S. Tell Mama G and Granny for me.

Hi Mom! I didn’t forget this year, haha. I just wanted to wish you a happy Mother’s day. Please give everyone a hug and a kiss for me. Love, Nathan T.

Hey Mom, It is quite an incredible experience here. I have gotten to know a Guatemalan family pretty well and have many stories. I have used most of the items you packed for me. Thank you and happy Mother’s Day! Love, Nathan H.

Hey Mommy!! Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you are having a wonderful day and I can’t wait to see you in a few days! : ) I love you and Daddy ssssoooo much! Miss you! Love, Rachael

Hey mommy!  I just wanted to wish you a very wonderful Mother’s Day. I wish that I could be there with you to wish you it in person! I miss you and daddy very, very much! I love you both! Happy Mother’s Day! Love, Rebecca

Hello Mom! I hope you are having a wonderful Mother’s Day. One of the reasons I’m here in Guatemala is your example of faith and love of God. I’m so thankful for that. I hope everything is great back home and tell everybody hello for me. See you in a few days! Love,
Alexander

Here's a picture that only a mother could love....

4 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hi Sheena,
I've been reading the updates and the work you all are doing is wonderful! Leave it to you to sit in a pile of metal shavings!;]
Thanks so much for the Mother's Day card and I can't wait for my hug! I love you bunches and already have our first meal all planned out!
Mom

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

Hi Amy and Matt,
I love my mother's day present and the card. Can't wait till you guys get back to see all the pictures and hear the stories. I am praying of you all (and not worrying too much). You are doing God's work and I am very proud. I love you guys!!!!
Mom G.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Hey Matt and Amy,
The Rose bush made it home (minus a few blooms) and is planted outside our bedroom window. I think it will be happy there. I'm right there with Amy's mom. I'm doing a little worrying and lots of praying for you both and the success of your mission.Matt, I'm not too sure about being called Mamma Lucas. Sounds a little too Italian! Your dad and I send our love to you both. Hope to see you at Aunt Jacque's wedding. Love, Mamma L (I think I almost like that one)

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from New York!
Thanks for all the Mothers Day greetings. We mothers are proud of all our kids, young and old!
Jon, good to hear from you. Dad and I had a safe trip to Louisville and back. All were asking for you.
Mum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home