Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Late Mother´s Day from Honduras

Hey this is JD. Our Mother´s day messages would not work yesterday. We got lucky and today it works!. So, Happy Mothers Day!
Funny Story. We went to church yesterday in the village of San Marcos. The service was in spanish so we sort of had to guess when they wanted us to stand up or sit down. During the sermon, the preacher asked for all the mothers to stand up to be recognized. There were a lot of mothers there, so to Sam and Heidi, it looked like the preached was asking everyone to stand. By the time we realized what was going on, Sam was being recognized as a mother (Sam wanted everyone to know that Heidi is NOT with child).
Yesterday we were able to take a break from our hard work. We all took a trip to the pacific ocean and ate some great seafood. After lunch we joined some local pigs for a walk on the beach. We all enjoyed our day of rest.
We were all back to work on Monday. The radio team went to Jarrod´s house and did some work on his cell phone antenna. A small group too a trip to the other end of the ranch to scope out a small water project that we will be working on for the rest of the week. We got a chance to see his beautiful coffee plantation located far off the beaten path. We also had a meeting with Jarrod to finalize some plans for the bridge. If all goes according to plan, we should be able to complete the bridge next year. Another group is surveying a couple of fields as we speak so Mission Lazarus can make plans for some farming projects.
Again, I hope all the mothers had a great Sunday.





Dear Mom,

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you have a great day. I wish I could be there to spend time with you today. I love you so much.

Love, Kara

P.S Tell Dad and Jesse I said Hi.


Dear Mom,

Happy Mother’s Day! I know that it has been hard not having Matt and I at home, but you can be sure that we think of you often. I can’t wait to tell you of my experience in Honduras. Be assured that a card is on the way. I love you. God bless.

Love, Nathan

Dear Mary Ann,

Happy Mother’s Day! Thanks for being a great grand friend to my children and grand children.

I Love You,

Dick

Dear Amy, Stephany and Lilli,

Thanks for being a great mom to Cale, Natalie, Grant, Meg, Courtney, Claire and Trey. Happy Mother’s Day. On to Disney!

Love,

Dick

Hey mom, I’m safe and sound. Have a GREAT Mother’s Day!! Love, Jon

Hey Mom,

Have a wonderful Mother’s Day, relax and enjoy it knowing that I am thinking of you. Have a great day. Love You.

Greg


Mom (Louise Gregory),
Hope you are having a great Mother’s Day. Our trip is great so far: people, food, and scenic beauty! Hope to see you soon after my return.
Love,
Richard

Mommy-To-Be (Kathryn Gregory),
Hey sweetie! Bought you a Mother’s Day card and forgot to set it out for you. It’s the thought that counts right? Have a great day and say hello to Max for me.
Love,
Richard

Hey Mom and Nana,
I hope you’re having a great mother’s day. Things are going very well here as I’m sure you’ve been reading. I love you both.
Tiffany

Mom (Amy Rucker)
Have a wonderful Sunday and mother’s day! Maybe you should take a nap for me since I won’t get to. Say hi to dad, Caleb, SB, and Caitlin for me, and keep checking the blog. I love you guys!
Thinking of you,
Jamin

Momma,
Happy Mothers day! I hope your trip was enjoyable and everyone is okay. If you have caught the traveling bug, maybe you can come to Honduras next year. It is really nice here and I’m doing fine, and I’ll see you soon.
Love,
JD

Hi Mom,
I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day. Thanks so much for your years of caring for and raising me. I know you still worry when I’m off running around and I pray God gives you peace. Say hello to Dad, Cameron, Alicia, and Camille for me. I’m looking forward to seeing you soon!
Love,
Alexander






Dear Linda,
Happy Mother’s Day from Honduras. I miss you a lot and wish you were here. Thanks for your understanding and your love to sacrifice a part of your Mother’s Day so I can be here on the mission trip. This is a very mountainous and beautiful part of Honduras and reminds me of the summers we enjoyed in Colorado. May God bless you while I am away and I can’t wait to see you again.
Love,
Fred


Mom~
Te amo muchisimo. (I love you so much.) Thank you for everything you do, all the prayers, encouragement, and support. I can’t wait to see you and everyone soon and spend the rest of the summer together. Gracias por todo. Dios le bendiga (God bless you)
Con todo mi amor,
Kelsey

3 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Mark in Nashville said...

Hello there,

You don't know me but I have been to Las Palmas twice to help build the houses at the orphanage. Myself and others are taking a great interest in reading about what you are doing. Keep up the great work and please keep us informed. Thanks.

Mark Duncan

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Lipscomb said...

Dear Kelsey,
What a thrill to hear from you even a day after mom's day. We are so glad the trip is going well. Finish triumphantly!
God bless you all!
Love, Mom

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things are going well in Tennessee. Lots of rain and wind a few days last week but we fared well. Not to worry. We miss all of you and you are in our prayers. It seems from your blogs that all is going well there...that is truly a blessing.
Continue to work, rest when you are able, stay strong and have courage, then come back home safely to us. We miss you so much. How is Fred doing? I probably shouldn't ask but have worried about his shoulder.
Love, Linda Gilliam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home