Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Looking Back on our Trip

This trip required alot of planning and work done by our amazing team of teachers, students and friends. It was awesome to see the solar lights come on for the first time in Cedeco, or to see Chris exclaim from the top of the biulding that the rafter project was finished. The things i remember most though are the interactions i had with the Honduran people. The things that were not planned. I loved breaking from work to play soccer with the village kids or see how many times Philipe and I could head the soccer ball back and forth with out it hitting the ground (I think we got eight). When I stepped on a nail i got to ride with a truck full of Hondurans to a nieghboring clinic. One man spoke a little english and with the little spanish i knew we carried on a ten minute conversation. On the plane ride back to Miami, Daniel and myself befriended a Honduran girl and with the extra two hour because of delays we taught each other card games, talked and i think i can say we made a friend. These are my favorite memories. Honduras is a beautiful contry with many beautiful people. I hope that I made a good impression on the Honduran people, and that maybe they will remember me too.

Kirk Pippin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home